Friday, June 20, 2008

Riverdale

So I finally found something to do this summer. I am a photo intern at the Riverdale Press; a weekly paper in the Bronx. Riverdale is the neighborhood my high school was in, it is in the Bronx and has a lot of ethnic and economic diversity. Yesterday I walked around the neighborhood with my camera to check things out and explore places I never got to as a Horace Mann student.



Up on the hill in Riverdale there are well manicured lawns and lots of foreign cars.

4 comments:

William Lounsbury said...

I love the colors, looks beautiful stu.

Nate said...

That lawn is so contrived.

"Well the city's grown up where it looks all square like a crossword puzzle on the landscape.
Looks like 'lectric shaver now where the courthouse used to be.
The grass is all synthetic, and we don't know for sure about the food.
'Bout the only thing we trust these days is the steamboat whistle blues."
- John Hartford, from "Steamboat Whistle Blues"

Phoebe Sexton said...

i dig this, son.

Anjali Pinto said...

I'm so happy for you! This seems like an awesome opportunity. Are you going to get the week off you hang out with us while we're there?